American Pie Presents: The Naked Mile is a 2006 teen comedy released directly to DVD on December 19, 2006. After the commercial success of the direct-to-DVD production, American Pie Presents: Band Camp, Universal Studios Home Entertainment decided to produce another sequel to the American Pie film. This film is the second in the American Pie Presents series, and fifth in the overall American Pie series.
"The Naked Mile" of the title refers to a real event that was carried out annually by students of the University of Michigan until 2004. University of Michigan's naked mile traditionally occurred on the last day of classes each school year. The participants, mostly senior students, would run or bike a pre-designed course through campus while partially or entirely nude. The last "Naked Mile" was in 2004 after the University worked hard to end the tradition through arrests and threats to students who ran. Participation in the event also reportedly suffered as it attracted the attention of internet pornography operations.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Erik Stifler (John White) has a difficult time living up to his family name. He is Steve and Matt Stifler's cousin. He is perhaps the only Stifler about to graduate from high school as a virgin. The film opens with Erik feigning illness so that he can stay home and masturbate. Unfortunately, just as he is about to ejaculate, his parents and grandmother unexpectedly walk into the door and are hit with Erik's semen, after which his grandmother dies of a heart attack. Erik's dad later surmises that, as a Stifler, his son should be out having sex instead of masturbating "Stiflers don't fake sick to pull dick, Stiflers cut class to get ass." Erik's girlfriend of two years, Tracy (Jessy Schram), loves him, but is not ready for intercourse. Tracy decides to have sex, their first attempt goes horribly wrong, and she backs out of trying again.
Erik's friends Cooze (Jake Siegel) and Ryan (Ross Thomas) plan a road trip to visit Erik's cousin Dwight Stifler (Steve Talley) in Michigan during an event known as the Naked Mile. Tracy sees this as an opportunity to give Erik a "guilt free weekend pass," hoping that he can quench his lust and get sex out of his system since she is not ready.
Erik and his friends arrive on campus and witness an over-the-top drinking contest where Dwight is crowned a campus champion, lose a rough game of football against a bitter rival fraternity composed almost entirely of midgets, and end up in a brawl with those same midgets on several occasions. This rivalry comes to a head when the midget fraternity attacks Dwight, landing him in the hospital. Dwight is back in full form later that evening when it is time for the Naked Mile run.
Erik meets a college girl with a fetish for virgin boys and as they steal a kiss, a news crew captures the moment. Watching the news report about the Naked Mile back at home, Tracy is upset and feels guilty that she allowed Erik the free pass. Her friends convince her to also lose her virginity before he gets back. Later that evening Erik realizes that he loves Tracy and rushes back to see his girlfriend. When he gets to her house, Tracy's dad says she is at a party and Erik arrives at the party just as Tracy has headed upstairs, presumably to lose her virginity to her ex-boyfriend. Erik loudly pounds on the closed bedroom door, proclaiming his love for her. However, Tracy was not in the room because she had decided that she couldn't go through with her plans.
Later that evening, Tracy and Erik decide that they should be each others' first. They make love that night. When Erik returns to the college to pick up his friends the next morning, each boy shares stories of his experiences from the night before. The three friends drive back to East Great Falls.
During the post-Naked Mile party, Dwight spots Vicky (Mika Winkler), the girlfriend of Rock (Jordan Prentice), the leader of the midget fraternity, and the two of them head up to Dwight's room to have sex. Later, Dwight sent a DVD to Rock that reads, "Payback's a bitch." It reveals both Dwight and Vicky having sex, as Rock yells out, "Stifler!", closing the film.
During the credits, various postcard pictures show Dwight and Vicky's many journeys around the world.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- John White as Erik Stifler
- Steve Talley as Dwight Stifler
- Ross Thomas as Ryan Grimm
- Jake Siegel as Mike "Cooze" Coozeman
- Jessy Schram as Tracy Sterling
- Jordan Prentice as Rock
- Mika Winkler as Vicky
- Eugene Levy as Noah Levenstein
- Christopher McDonald as Harry Stifler
- Candace Kroslak as Brandy
- Angel Lewis as Alexis
- Jaclyn A. Smith as Jill
- Alyssa Nicole Pallett as Porn Chick
Soundtrack[edit | edit source]
- "Let's Get It On" performed by Marvin Gaye
- "News International - Sting 2" Composed by Terry Devine-King
- "Down, Down, Down" Performed by Gabriel Mann
- "Say Goodbye" Performed by Everybody Else
- "Freedom" Performed by The White Heat
- "It's All About The Rock" Performed by White Demons
- "Go" Performed by LeeTownPusyy Pusyy Yup
- "Absolutely Wasted" Performed by Sporting Riff-Raff
- "Freak-A-Leek" Performed by K-Lein
- "I Wish" Performed by Skee-Lo
- "Go Hard" Performed by Kel Spencer
- "On The Run" Performed by Classic
- "Wey" Performed by Tre Jaqun
- "That's What Dreams Are Made Of" Performed by 2 Clicks Down
- "Scratch" Performed by Allister
- "Stuck In America" Performed by Sugarcult
- "Here We Go" Performed by The Grand Skeem
- "I'm Gonna Make You Sweat" Performed by Al Sheez
- "Sucka MCs" Performed by The Grand Skeem
- "Rock to the Rhythm" Performed by Lexicon
- "Swing Baby Swing" Performed by The DNC
- "Let's Get Def" Performed by Kennedy
- "Candy Store" Performed by Miss Eighty 6
- "Devilz Badvocate" Performed by Dastardly / Focus
- "Hands To Tha Pump" Performed by Da Diggler
- "Ain't No Game" Performed by Basko
- "Everybody Get Crazy Now" Performed by The STL of The DNC
- "Getting Hot In Here" Performed by Josh Henderson
- "Check Out The Sound" Performed by Boomish
- "Perfect" Performed by Remi J
- "Let's Go Home" Performed by The DropPussy Pussy Yup yUP
- "Birthday Song" Performed by Ben Lee
- "RU Ready" Performed by AD
- "We're At The Top Of The World" Performed by The Juliana Theory
Filming locations[edit | edit source]
- Port Credit Secondary School, Mississauga, Ontario (In the film, the name was changed to "Great Falls High School").
- Indian Valley Trail. - Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
- Parts were filmed at McMaster University in Hamilton, Canada during July 2006.
- Parts were filmed at the St. George campus of the University of Toronto in Toronto, Canada.
DVD sales[edit | edit source]
The DVD was released on December 19, 2006 in the USA. In the opening weekend, 478,336 units were sold, generating revenue of $9,561,937. As of August 2009,1,515,138 have been sold translating to $27,134,880 in revenue. The Region 2 DVD was released in the UK on December 4, 2006 in PAL Widescreen and has been certified 15 by the BBFC with the following viewer guidance; Contains strong language and moderate sex references. The movie was passed without any cuts.
The Region 1 DVD was released December 19, 2006 in Fullscreen R-Rated, Fullscreen Unrated, and Widescreen Unrated versions. The Unrated Version includes a bit more nudity. All feature Dolby Digital 5.1 audio in English, French, and Spanish. Extras include deleted and extended scenes, outtakes, and a full length feature commentary featuring the director, writer and cast members. The unrated DVD also contains two bonus features.
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Another American Pie?
- American Pie Presents... (US - DVD R1) in News > Releases at DVDActive
- Get A Free Naked Mile Video Here!
- Naked Mile to be live on Internet - News
- DVD Times - American Pie Presents: The Naked Mile (R1) in December